Introducing the SDG JR Pro Kit.
If you’re after some new kit to deck out the little pinners in your life, then the new kids’ range from SDG might just be the answer.
To complement their Fly Jr saddle that came out in 2014, SDG have launched their Jr Pro line that includes the latest Fly Jr saddle, as well as pedals, grips and bars with the full set coming in at £129.99.
The complete set is designed to bring ‘proper performance’ mountain bike kit for young riders. SDG say that the JR Pro Kit is best suited to mountainbikers aged 5 years or older and for 18″ to 24″ bikes.
SDG Slater 90 Pedal
With a Cro-Mo axle, replaceable DU bush, removable pins and a low profile height, the Slater 90 pedal is just a smaller version of the excellent flat pedals we all know.
- Small 90x90mm nylon composite body and low profile height (18mm).
- Cro-Mo axle with fully sealed and serviceable DU bushing design.
- 6x, bottom loading, replaceable 2mm high steel pins per side.
- Gripper profile for enhanced pedal traction.
- Replacement and service parts available. More aggressive and advanced pins coming.
SDG Fly JR Saddle
The Fly Jr saddle comes in a shorter, narrower size for smaller sit bones, with rear rise to help seated pedalling and a nose platform to assist with climbing.
- Ergonomically fitting for smaller sit bones – shorter and narrower than traditional saddles. Not just a wide, bulky and heavy BMX saddle.
- Slight Rear Rise design enhances pelvis rotation and power from a standard sitting position.
- Small Nose platform to aid in climbing.
- Ample padding for enhanced comfort.
- Syn Leather top and Cordura protective sides for increased durability.
- 235mm x 122mm, 270g.
SDG Slater 650 handlebar
The Slater bar and grips, are, unsurprisingly designed to work together with a 19mm taper at the bar end with nylon shims to fit standard brakes and shifters. The bars are a generous 650mm to give more control.
- Tooled specifically for performance youth riders.
- Constructed with 6061 sandblasted aluminium.
- 650mm width for increased bar control.
- Bar ends taper to 19mm and exclusively works with 19mm mountable grips. *Slater Jr
- 31.8 mount. 20mm rise. 8 degree back sweep, 5 degree upsweep
- The Kit includes 4x 15mm nylon shims to mount standard shift and brake levers.
SDG Slater JR Grips
- 1pc, integrated lock-on grip system.
- Dual density design.
- Tapered and slotted core to eliminate slippage.
- Plush SDG Icon pattern that offers total grip control and vibration dampening.
- 19mm ID mount fits exclusively to 19mm bars.
- 115mm Length, 25-26mm OD, 55g.