For anyone who missed getting an entry to the Southern Enduro Champs there’s good news as the organisers will be releasing 50 extra entries tomorrow morning.
At 9am tomorrow (Saturday 2nd February), organisers of the Southern Enduro Championships will release an extra fifty entries to the sold out event.
The event takes place on 25th and 26th May near Minehead and will be a double bill with both the Southern Enduro Champs and round 3 of the British Enduro Mountain Bike Association’s national series taking place.
Tickets for the event first went on sale in 2018 and sold out almost immediately, with 550 riders safely on the list and ready to race.
The trails around Minehead are some of the very best in the UK and riders that missed out were understandably disappointed. The additional 50 tickets gives them a final chance to get on the start sheet. Organisers are warning riders to be quick though, entries open at 9am and they’re expected to sell out in minutes.
For anyone that isn’t racing, the event still promises a great weekend. Spectators are welcome to enjoy the racing from outside the tape and there will also be a packed race village with demos, trade stands and plenty to eat and drink.
There will be:
- Free parking for all riders, spectators, friends and family. (Please car share where possible)
- Large race village with on site shop.
- Full mechanical support for all riders.
- Fantastic prizes for the top 3 riders in all categories. Plus some spot prizes
- Full medical support.
- Lots of different food and drink vendors on site.
- Free camping Friday, Saturday and Sunday Nights.
- Lots of portable toilets.
- Beer tent & band on Saturday night.
There will be 7 timed stages, which will be added together for an aggregate time to decide the winner in each category.
All stages will be over a mile long and around 100m to 150m in elevation/drop. Estimated stage times are about 2 minutes to 4 minutes long.
The weekend’s schedule is still to be confirmed, but is currently:
- Free camping opens from 15:00
- Track walk of Southern Enduro Champs trails from 15:00
- Registration open for Southern Enduro Champs and Champs Lite 09:00
- Practice 09:30 to 11:30 for Southern Enduro Champs stages 5, 6 & 7 and all champs lite stages.
- Practice 09:30 to 16:30 for Southern Enduro Champs stages 1,2,3 & 4.
- Southern Enduro Champs Lite starts 11:30 till 15:30
- Champs Lite podium 15:45
- Bar opens 15:30
- Evening entertainment 19:00 till 23:00
- Riders briefing 09:45
- Southern Enduro Champs 2019 10:00 till 16:00
- Southern Enduro Champs 2019 Podiums 16:30
- Free Camping closes at 12:00
- Site Clear by 12:30